Policies & Procedures
First Visit Policy: Provide all necessary documents, vaccinations, and any medical records.
Procedure: Please bring your documents regarding shots, vaccinations, and any medical records that would be necessary information for us to know, especially if special handling is needed to service your pet.
Check in Policy: All pets must enter the salon under control of collar, leash, or being carried. They must remain under control throughout the entire check in process.
- Before arriving, be sure to fill out your complete personal and pet profile online here. This will assist the staff members with gathering your information.
- Upon check-in, our team member will greet you and your pet, ask you questions about what kind of service or hair cut you would like, and maybe sneak a puppy kiss in.
- Once we have a full understanding of your expectations and have documented the various services requested, we’ll then take your baby and any collars or leashes they came with to our holding area.
Check Out Policy: Your pet must stay secure in our holding area until you have completed any purchases and have checked out completely.
- We want to allow time to shop for any products you might need or want before bringing your pet out to you.
- Feel free to ask the staff member any questions about your pet’s visit.
- Pay for services rendered.
- Schedule next appointment or confirm recurring appointments.
- Once all of that is complete, then your fur baby can be brought out to you.
Appointment Cancellation Policy: 24 hour notice is required.
Procedure: A $25 Cancellation Fee will be charged if cancelled within 24 hrs of scheduled appointment. Things happen and we understand you may not be able to make it. You can easily reschedule your appointment online (instead of cancelling it) by clicking here.
- The fee will be charged to the credit card on file, or customer profile via accounts pending.
- Customer will then be required to have a card on file for all future appointments scheduled.
- If you absolutely have to cancel on the same day then please call us. Idle time costs us money, and we believe in the power of courtesy.
Late for Appointment Policy: Late appointments may be cancelled, or otherwise not held.
Procedure: If you have not arrived within 30 minutes of your scheduled appointment time, we will do all we can to book another appointment to fill that time. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to honor the appointment; the system will automatically mark you late and you will probably need to reschedule for another day by clicking here. If you are running late, then call and let us know, please! We may be able to figure something out that works for you and the shop, but that can't happen without communication!
Appointment No Call / No Show Policy: A $50 No Call/ No Show Fee applies.
Procedure: $50 No Call/ No Show Fee will be charged to the customer profile via accounts pending.
- There's never a reason to no-call/no-show! Just call us and let us know what's happening - we depend on staying busy making pets and owners happy with our services. When we miss an appointment, it's a big let down for everyone!
- The system will automatically mark your appointment as No Call/No Show after one and a half hours past your scheduled appointment time.
- If you are marked as No Call/ No Show more than once, you will lose any future recurring appointments scheduled, and will need to schedule future appointments after every visit.
- You will also need to leave a credit card on file for all future appointments.
Late Pickup Policy: $50 base Late Pick Up Fee applies.
Procedure: $50 Late Pick Up Fee is added to the current ticket when a pickup occurs more than 1 hour past the designated pick-up time.
- When the back of the store gets too crowded, it makes life hectic and stressful for everybody back there!
- We do not offer boarding or sitting services.
- If you are going to be late and you know it, then please call us! It is so much easier to work something out when we are in communication.
- After the first hour, there will be a charge for a $1/minute until picked up.
- If you aren't sure what the pickup time is, we will tell you at checkin. Normal pickup times for services are as follows.
- Grooming Services: 4 Hours past drop off
- Bath and Tidy Services: 3 Hours past drop off
- Signature Services: 2 Hours past drop off
After the first hour, there will be a charge for a $1/minute until picked up.
After Hours Pickup Policy: $75 After Hours Pick Up Fee will be Charged.
Procedure: A $75 After Hours Pick Up Fee will be charged for any pet picked up after posted closing time.
- Nobody likes staying up past their bedtime or out past their curfew!
- This fee is in addition to any other late fees.
- Please call and let us know if you will be arriving right at or after closing time. Communication lets everyone plan better!
Overnight Boarding Policy: $150 Overnight Boarding Fee will be Charg
- We do not offer boarding or sitting services.
- $150 Overnight Boarding Fee will be charged for any reason that your furry family member needs to stay overnight with us. This fee can and will be in addition to any other late pick up fees that the customer has incurred.
- We may, at our discretion, take your family member to a boarding facility of our choice. Our fee will still apply.
- There is never a good reason to abandon your pet at a groomer's overnight.
Rabies Vaccination Policy: Our store is required to follow and adhere to all State requirements for vaccination records and tracking.
Bordatella Vaccination Policy: Kennel cough (similar to a human cold) is a respiratory condition caused by a variety of viruses and bacteria often spread by direct contact by dogs. At the Salon, we HIGHLY recommend (unless required by the state) that your dog be immunized & kept up to date with their Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccine. Keeping your dog current with their immunization will help to prevent the spread of kennel cough and/or diminish the severity of infection in your pet. With the recommendation that all dogs visiting us be vaccinated against kennel cough, if a pet should become infected, all treatment and costs associated shall be the pet owner’s responsibility.
Procedure: You, as the customer, are also required to adhere to the state requirements for vaccination records and tracking. If you’re not sure what your state vaccination requirements are, click here.
Flea/Tick Policy: $20+ Fee charged depending on size of dog for flea bath. $5 fee per tick removal.
Procedure: Our Salon strives to be a flea & tick free salon. If your pet has any fleas or ticks they will be given a flea bath at your expense of $20 (depending on size of dog) and/or $5 per tick removal. If you do not want them to receive one, you can reschedule your appointment after the problem is taken care of by you.
Grooming Risks Policy: Before we confirm your appointment, you are required to agree to these Policies & Procedures, which includes a General Grooming Release.
Procedure: As with any salon or animal service establishment, there are some known risks in participating. We strive to remain, clean, safe, and efficient regardless of pet and situation.
Senior Dog Policy: Before we confirm your appointment, you are required to agree to these Policies & Procedures, which includes a General Grooming Release.
Procedure:As age comes with pets, so does difficulty standing, sight, hearing, and other medical issues. We take very good care of our senior pets; however we acknowledge the growing risks involved as their age increases. Splash and Dash Standards define a senior pet as any pet over 12 years old.
Medical Issues Policy: Before we confirm your appointment, you are required to agree to these Policies & Procedures, which includes a General Grooming Release.
Procedure: Once a pet has had a known medical occurrence, diagnosis, or any other medical occurrence, whether it be temporary or permanent, we ask that you inform us of the condition in detail. This may include but not limited to: ear infection, hot spots, skin infections or sensitivity, cough and so on. Once the medical occurrence is fully disclosed, the salon maintains full discretion in allowing services to that pet due to safety of the pet or staff.
Matted Dog Policy: Before we confirm your appointment, you are required to agree to these Policies & Procedures, which includes a General Grooming Release.
Procedure: Whether it occurs from improper brushing techniques or an infrequent maintenance schedule, a pets hair can become knotted and matted to the skin. This is uncomfortable for the pet and we aim to remove the uncomfortable mats for them. When we remove these mats, there is a heightened risk to skin injury or irritation to do the tightness of the hair. There may be an extra service charge if matting is considering to hinder the grooming process.After the matts are removed, we recommend setting a recurring maintenance schedule for the coat.
“Skunked” Pet Policy: We do not treat “freshly” skunked pets.
Procedure: We will recommend you purchase our De-Skunk shampoo product to use at home, and once that has been completed, then you can call to schedule an appointment with us for a professional wash. You can easily schedule your appointment online (instead of cancelling it) by clicking here.
Appointment AFTER De-Skunked at Home, Policy: You will be advised that the most effective way to clean your skunked fur baby is a complete shave down, and that there will be an additional handling fee for sanitization of all equipment.
Procedure: $25 Extra Handling fee is charged, due to the extra time needed for the sanitization procedures. Everything needs to be sanitized (tub, tables and any other equipment) before the store can accept any other pets.
Splash and Dash Member Discount:
10% Discount on Retail. 15% off Grooming Services. 20% off Spa Extras & Spa Treatments. Must be a current Splash and Dash Member.
Senior Discount: 10% Discount on Services Every Tuesday. Must be 50 years or older with valid proof of identification.
Teacher Discount: 10% Discount on Services Every Tuesday. Must be an active Teacher or Professor at a local school, college, or university with valid school or educator identification.
Military Discount: 10% Discount on Services Every Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. Must be an active or retired member of any branch of the U.S. military with valid proof of military identification.
Fire & Police Discount: 10% Discount on Services Every Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. Must be an active or retired member of local Fire, Police or Paramedic unit with valid proof of service identification.