January 14th is Officially National Dress Up Your Pet Day to Promote Pet Fashion in a Way That Celebrates Pets and Sponsors Pet Adoption
Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique is celebrating National Dress Up Your Pet Day to do our part in staying active in the continuing problem of overpopulated pet wellness shelters. We believe in the cause! #DressUpYourPetDay
The holiday was orchestrated as a fun way to love the pets you have and provide opportunities for pets in need of loving and a good home. Get involved and share the love!
The statistics on the number of stray animals walking the streets are devastating. It doesn’t have to be this way. We can all take a stand and make our communities a haven for pet wellness.
Not only is this holiday about making a difference, but also it’s a fun way to show how much you adore your pet.
Ways to Celebrate
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter. It doesn’t have to be a dog or cat. Thousands of guinea pigs, goats, horses, pigs, ferrets, and fish also need a loving home. Rescued animals make just as great pets as “designer dogs,” or other prestigiously bred animals.
- Dress up your pet in a comfortable and safe costume. Get creative! You can bust out their old Halloween costumes, or make a DIY costume for them to look spectacular on the holiday. There is nothing better than dressing up your “Ipug” like a cell phone or strapping on a hot dog costume to your little Dachshund. It’s for a good cause! Plus, it’s really cute.
- Volunteer at your local shelter. Many Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique locations take part in hosting adoption days for all kinds of pet wellness. Find out what you can do to help. Local shelters are always in need of a few extra helping hands.
- Donate any extra toys, pet food, or blankets to animal welfare organizations.
- Write to your congressman. Ask them to make conscious political steps toward supporting pet wellness community. Ask them not to support unethical euthanasia in your state.
- Take lots of cute pictures of your pet’s costume. Give your pet extra special affection today to show them how much you appreciate them in your life. Extra treats, tummy scratches, and photo-memories all help to make your pet feel all the loving.
- Have a dress up your pet day party. Invite your friends with, and without pets, to come over for a fashion show, or a pet parade with the kids in the neighborhood. You can bake pet wellness treats and decorate for the festivities.
- Get involved on social media. Upload all the adorable pictures you took of your pet that day, and tag #dressupyourpetday and follow @dressupyourpets on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for a chance to have your pet featured.
Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique wants to Thank You!
As groomers, pet wellness is our number one priority. We love the animals we get to take care of on a daily basis. We jump at every chance we get to be able to help even more pets outside our shops.
There are around 70 million stray cats in the United States. Feral cats living on the streets is not only sad but bad for the environment. Cats without a home resort to feeding on small creatures and according to the Smithsonian, feral cats have made the top 100 list of worst invasive species. These feral cats are just trying to get by and live. They need a home that can provide them with food, water, and love.
Of the estimated millions of homeless animals, there are about 13,600 animal shelters nationwide. These pet wellness facilities are usually non-profit and short staffed. They need all the help they can get. Animal shelters not only help stray animal population but help make a positive environmental impact by keeping dogs and cats from feeding on local wild animal populations.
7.6 million animals that were once pets enter animal shelters every year. Please, if you decide to get a pet, make sure taking care of an animal is within your means, and that you can devote your home and lifestyle to your new pet. Pets are not toys. They are living creatures that deserve a good life.
If you decide to get a dog. Please make sure you are getting your dog from a reputable breeder or pet store. Many pet stores receive dogs from horribly unethical puppy mills.
Adoption options are also a great choice to help love a senior dog or mixed breed that needs a loving home. Rescued adopted dogs or cats make amazing pets!
Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique wishes you a happy #DressUpYourPetDay!
Follow Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique:
- Website: http://splashanddashfordogs.com/
- Website: https://splashanddashfranchise.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/splashanddashfordogs/
- Instagram: @splashanddashfordogs
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dan-j-barton-622ab517
- Twitter: splashanddash4dogs