As a pet owner, it is important to make sure you take care of your pet and dog grooming is one of the many things you will need to think about with this. Bathing your dog at home can be such a hassle that ends with you frustrated and soaking wet. This is why it is easier just to take your dog to the groomer. When you go in though there are a few dog services that you should think about with the grooming.
Choose the Right Groomer
To start with you want to find the groomer for your dog. There are many things to look at with this. Some aspects to consider include:
- What services they offer
- The experience they have
- Do they know how to work with your dog\’s breed?
- The professionalism of their website
- Reviews from other customers- look online not just their website
Take a Tour of the Facilities
When you take your dog in for the grooming appointment, make sure you arrive early. You want to look at the environment. Make sure it is clean and safe. If you find that it is not, do not feel bad about walking out. You should never subject your dog to less than satisfactory surroundings when getting groomed. There are plenty of reputable dog grooming services that have impeccable locations for grooming.
Preparing for Your Trip
When you go to the groomer for the first visit, you will need to bring your pet\’s health records to show they are up to date on their vaccines. If you do not have this, your dog will not be able to have the grooming done. Another aspect of preparing for the visit you do not want to forget about is preparing your dog. For dogs that get anxious or overly excited at the vet or groomer there are a few tips you should keep in mind:
- Take your pet for a nice walk so they can take care of business and be satisfied.
- Brush them at home when they are relaxed so they will not be as anxious in person
- Socialize your pet with strangers so they will not be as fearful with them
- Try to make appointments that are not near their normal feeding time
- Let the groomer know about your pet\’s needs when you get into the office. This will allow them to give your pet better service.
There are many ways that dog grooming can help your pet. For instance, it is helpful to keep goodbyes short so that you do not drag out the process. However, the most important thing you can do is choose the best groomer for your dog. This is why Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique offers their signature membership which gives you unlimited monthly bath and brush services.