Making Pet Supplies is Easy!
Half the fun of owning a dog can be making their pet supplies for them every once in awhile. It\’s hard to say what makes a dog really connect with their dog toy, but when they do it\’s incredible. Dogs will whine and fuss over toys as if it\’s their own child.
Dogs are instinctual creatures and many of their domesticated habits are leftover wild habits. There is no coincidence plush duck toys are big hits for dogs. My dog loves chewing toys to shreds. One day I decided to have a sewing party and fix some old clothes. While I was at it, I followed these directions to make my dog some do-it-yourself pet supplies.
Maybe your dog will fall in love with a squeaky toy you make them?
Pet Supplies Needed:
- Fabric Straps
- Strong Thread
- Squeaky Device
- Choose two pieces of fabric of the same size for the outer covering the squeaky toy.
Use heavier fabrics, like denim or corduroy, for larger more exuberant dogs.
- Put the fabric pieces together and sew three sides together, leaving the fourth open.
- Clip loose threads and turn the pouch inside out.
- Fill the toy with loose fabric scraps.
- Wrap the squeaky in fabric and sew ends of the fabric.
- Tuck the squeaky into the middle of the pouch.
- Add more fabric scraps until the toy is firm.
- Leave enough room to fold the open side of the toy over, and then sew it tightly closed.
Now enjoy your new pet supplies made from scratch, love, and a little elbow grease!
Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique loves when pet parents show their love to their pets in any fashion, but we understand if you\’re not the do-it-yourself type. Our shops offer huge assortments of affordable high-quality pet products that we give to our own dogs at home. Come on in and check it out yourself!
Follow Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique: