Skip to content
Pet Industry Market Size Statistics
- The Total U.S. Pet Industry Expenditure is projected to end at $62.75 billion.
- The Pet Industry has grown over 269% from 1994 to today and is still continuing to expand.
- Last year, $23.05 billion dollars of sales was for pet food.
- $14.28 billion consisted of supplies while $5.41 billion accrued from services like grooming.
- 54.4 million U.S. households report to own at least one dog.
- There are 77.8 million dogs owned within America.
- The pet franchise is recession-proof and actually grew almost 18% during the years of the Great Recession.
- Most retail items sold by Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique have above high margins because products are high quality.
- 189,384 individuals are employed in the grooming industry alone.
- Around 103,996 different businesses exist within the grooming industry with an average growth rate of 8%.