Never Lose at Pet Store Trivia with These 10 Facts
Whether you work at a pet store, come up against animal trivia, or just want to know more about the animals in your home this video illuminates some of the fuzzy areas of knowledge. They might even some of the debate circling around your neighborhood pet store.
At Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique we aim to carry the responsibility of ensuring that outdated and harmful information is corrected. Misinformed pet owners and even dog groomers can possibly hurt an animal, or even worse. As leaders in the communities our shops are located in, we strive to educate the public on making the best choices for their animals.
- Dogs drink water forming the back of their tongue into a cup.
- Spiked dog collars originated in Ancient Greece and were designed to protect dog’s throats from wolf attacks.
- A dog’s wet nose is essential for detecting scents.
- Seeing eye dogs will urinate and defecate on command for the ease of their owners.
- Dogs do not enjoy hugs. They may perceive it a sign of affection, but they would much rather lick your face!
- Dogs can see in color. They see in a blue and yellow spectrum and cannot differentiate between red and green.
- Dogs can smell disease. They have the incredible ability to recognize the smell of a range of organic compounds that show that the human body isn’t working as it should.
- Dogs dream. In fact, small dogs dream more than bigger dogs and have the same brain waves during humans during deep sleep.
- Dogs have three eyelids. On upper, one lower, and a Nictitating Membrane that keeps the eye moist.
- Dogs only sweat through the pads of their feet.
From your local mom and pop pet store, Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique, we hope you enjoyed the video and learned something valuable.
Follow Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique: