Holidays are Around the Corner
Everyone loves their pets. It’s not secret that our dogs and cats are like our children. Your dog and cat’s stocking above the mantelpiece are just as important as everyone else in the family.
When they wake up Christmas morning you’ll want to get them something that will make them loved. Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique will be supplying a one-stop-shop for all your pet supplies needs this holiday season.
But also fun is making gifts for your pet. This pet supplies article will give you 4 do-it-yourself ways to make sure the lovin’ is spread nice and thick for your pets this holiday season.
Sock and Ball Toys
These toys are great! They have all the bounce of a regular tennis ball for outside play, but you also have the double feature of a tug-of-war toy. If your dog loves fetch and has great agility with typical pet supplies, than you can swing this toy over your head to launch it long and far. There are three variations of this toy.
- You can simply tuck a tennis ball inside a sock.
- Wrap a tennis ball into a shirt and cut and braid creatively.
- hread a braided T-shirt through the hole cut into the center of a tennis ball.
- Tennis Ball
- Old T-Shirts
Collapsible Travel Dish
When on the road traveling to relatives and friends for the holidays it’s always difficult to accommodate for our pets without the proper pet supplies. Any pet owner whose had to cup their hands for a makeshift bowl, or pour aimlessly into a dog’s mouth with most of the water spilling onto the ground knows the pain.
That is why making a collapsible travel dish will make your life easier and your pet feel loved.
Note: When purchasing oilcloth ask about pet safe options since your dog will be drinking from this product and some oilcloths contain chemicals that should not be ingested.
Follow this link for extensive directions.
- Oilcloth, two colors
- Ruler and pencil
- Low-tack painter’s tape
- Bone folder
- Sewing machine
- Heavy-duty sewing machine needle
This toy is a fun durable toy for teething puppies or any dog that loves to chew. Give them something they’re allowed to chew with a DIY rope toy. Anyone who is good with knots should be good at making this toy.
- Zip Ties
- Start with two equal lengths of rope no shorter than 5 inches.
- Find the middle of each length of rope by folding the rope in half and lining up cut ends.
- Cross each rope in the middle at a right angle.
- Tie a Carrick Bend knot where the rope is intersecting and brain upwards.
- Braid all the way until there is less than inch of rope left.
- Cut excess rope and burn back exposed nylon.
- Trim zip tie tail back so it’s not exposed.
The classic DIY project is great anytime of season. Cats love little cozy places they can cuddle up in. Also the smell permeating from a pet owner’s used shirt can help ease separation anxiety with dogs. It’s super easy to make and is safe for pets.
For extensive directions on how to make this DIY pet supplies present click here.
- 15 x 15 inch Piece of Cardboard
- two wire hangers
- Safety Pins
Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique wishes you happy holidays and we hope your pets love all the presents you make and get them!
Follow Splash and Dash Groomerie & Boutique: